I’ve been having some particularly good workouts lately. Here are some of the contributing factors:
- Routine – I’m up at 7 and in bed at midnight every day; I work out around 5, so I’m good and ready for my workouts
- Food – I’ve been eating three good meals a day for several weeks now; I feel more energetic and strong
- Sleep – this may sound redundant, but I’m consistently getting about 7 hours’ sleep; I think that’s just what I need for a long day
- No Spotter – In general, I think it’s a good idea to use a spotter, but when I don’t have one, I’m forced to work harder and do better reps because I don’t have a spot to bail me out if I get lazy
- Warmup – Back at school, I tried to warm up before working out, but I couldn’t always do it; here, I can always shoot hoops for 20 minutes to a half hour before my workouts and that gives me more energy and helps build my endurance and overall strength
Hopefully, my workouts will continue to be productive for a while. It’s been too long since I was in good shape and I’m ready to get back to it.